Dr. Hamlin Emory is recognized as a pioneer and specialist in applying EEG & QEEG data to the treatment of each patient. He is
devoted to helping persons improve their physical health and achieve wellness through personalized treatment. Dr. Emory has extensive
clinical experience in general medicine and psychiatric medicine. He has served as director of psychiatric programs for adolescents and
adults, and as medical director of several psychiatric hospitals and residential treatment centers for eating disorders and substance
dependence in the Los Angeles, California area.
Specialty:Adolescent and Adult Neuropsychiatry
Sub-specialty:Neuropsychiatry & Neuro-Physiologic Medicine
Faculty:Assistant Clinical Professor, Semel Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Undergraduate:Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, B.A., 1959-1963
- Medical:University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, M.D., 1963-1967
- Graduate:Naval Aerospace Medicine Institute, Pensacola, Florida, Flight Surgeon, 1968-1969
- Internship-Surgery:Vanderbilt University, Medical Center and Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee, 1967-1968
- Flight Surgeon, U.S. Navy:1st Marine Air Group, Republic of South Vietnam; 1969-1970
- Chief Medical Officer:Naval Air Station, NATO Base, Sigonella, Sicily, 1970-1972
- Residency in Adult Psychiatry:University of California, Los Angeles, Brentwood Veterans Administration Hospital,
Los Angeles, California, 1972-1974
- Fellowship in Child Psychiatry:Neuropsychiatric Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, 1974-1976
- Psychiatry & Neurology - Psychiatry
- American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Electrophysiology Society
- American Psychiatric Association
- So. California Psychiatric Society
- American Neuropsychiatric Association
- Reviewer for "Clinical EEG and Neuroscience",
the official journal of the EEG and Clinical Neuroscience Society.
Dr. Emory collaborates with physicians across medical specialties. He also teaches
psychiatrists, internists, family physicians, neurologists and
addiction medicine physicians
how to employ his neuro-integrative approach in their clinical practices.
Check out Dr. Emory’s Blog and Emory Institute updates at www.emoryinstitute.org.
Stay tuned for upcoming information regarding Dr. Emory’s Book and Documentary.
Appearance: Dr. Hamlin Emory appears in Documentary Series The Menendez Murders: Erik Tells All, Season 1, Episode 3;
Lecture: Inclusive Medical Approach with EEG & QEEG Features Predict Catecholamine Response in Idiopathic Genetic Epilepsies (IGE);
SBMT Annual Meeting, Los Angeles Millennial Biltmore, April 18, 2017
Lecture: Neuroplasticity in Medical Illnesses and Psychiatric Syndromes;
SBMT Annual Meeting, Los Angeles Millennial Biltmore, April 20, 2017
(Journal of Diabetes & Vascular Research Disease. DOI: 10.1177/1479164116675492)
Monoamine Oxidase Inhibition in a Patient With Type I Diabetes and Depression Emory H. and Mizrahi, N, //
(Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. DOI: 10.1177/1932296816638106)
Dr. Hamlin Emory Speaks in Washington State - Finding and Fixing Unrecognized Brain Differences
Actor Dick Van Dyke publishes a book entitled, "Keep Moving and Other Tips and Truths About Aging," in which he describes his
treatment by Dr. Hamlin Emory.
Quantitative EEG and Current Source Density Analysis of Combined Antiepileptic Drugs and Dopaminergic Agents in Genetic
Epilepsy W. Hamlin Emory, Christopher Wells and Neptune Mizrahi. // (Accepted for publication Spring 2015)